Are You One Of The Millions Of Americans Suffering From Arthritis Pain? The Good News Is You Are Not Alone And Your Friends At Chiron Physical Therapy Stand Ready To Help You Relieve Your Pain And Keep You Moving.
Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis. This degenerative joint disease is a chronic condition characterized by the breakdown of joint cartilage, leading to thinned areas and even bone rubbing on bone. The pain of arthritis is caused by the inflammation that builds up irritating the surrounding tissues and muscles, or in severe cases nerve endings on exposed bone. Typically, arthritis affects the “bigger” joints in the body such as the hip, knee, shoulder, lower back and even the spine.
When a joint becomes arthritic, it loses its normal motion and strength from surrounding muscles. At this point in the pain cycle, many people become reluctant to exercise or think that exercising is impossible. But the truth is arthritic joints need to move. By restoring movement and improving muscle strength, the amount of excessive pressure on the joint can be relieved. This reduced pressure minimizes inflammation caused by the excessive rubbing thus relieving pain and improving mobility.
The physical therapists of Chiron are experts in helping people relieve the stiffness, achiness and pain associated with arthritis. Our physical therapists will:
- Analyze your joint movement, muscle strength and overall function and determine the areas causing your pain;
- Increase your joint function and movement through a stretching and strengthening program;
- Educate you on how to alleviate stress on your joints during everyday activities such as grocery shopping, cooking in the kitchen, reaching for items and working at your desk;
- Remind you that exercising and eating right is important as excess body weight increases the amount of force, stress and pressure on arthritic joints and can lead to additional issues;
- Improve your strength, posture and balance.
If your joints are bothering you, call us.
If you experience pain when you squat or bend or when you stand after sitting for long periods, call us.
If you hear a clicking or a popping with your knee or hip movement, call us.
Physical therapy is a critical step in the management of pain associated with arthritis. Your friends at Chiron will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that includes exercise and other specialized techniques to relieve your pain. And remember, your Chiron physical therapist team is Direct Access certified meaning, for most insurances, you can come directly to us for assessment and treatment.
Your friends at Chiron Physical Therapy are committed to you and your health. We stand ready to relieve your pain, increase your strength, restore your flexibility and keep you active. Don’t let arthritis slow you down.